So what’s on the menu for this week?
Lunch: Baked Tomatoe and Herb Chicken with Green Beans and Sweet Potatoe
Dinner: Curried Haddock Fillets with Brocolli and Rice
Let’s go 😊
This recipe is one shared with me by my pal Jey. Her go to breakfast when she’s on the go all the time and one she can eat at her desk in work. If you don’t want to make a big tart out of it you coul instead make little mini egg muffins with the same recipe. And a bonus with this one too is that it can be eaten cold or heated up if you have the chance.
- 6-8 eggs
- 200ml of egg whites (optional – this would be just to bulk it up)
- Pepper, garlic, paprika and chilli flakes
- Whisk the eggs and whites in a bowl adding a dash of water/milk and your herbs and spices
- Cut your meat of choice into little pieces
- Chop your vegetables
- Add all ingredients together into a bowl and mix well
- If making muffins, grease a muffin tray with 0% Spray Light Oil
- If making a tart, grease a Pyrex dish or baking dish
- Place the mixture into the tray/dish
- Sprinkle with cheese or sunflower seeds (optional)
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes
- Pierced with a knife before taking it out to ensure its cooked fully through.
The above recipe should make about 10-12 muffins and a tart that can be cut into 5-6 slices. Place them in a tuspperware, keep them fresh in the fridge and you have breakfast sorted for the week.
You could team them with some spinach and additional smoked salmon if you wanted a little more to eat in the mornings.
Baked tomatoe and Herb Chicken with Green Beans and Sweet Potatoe
So a little twist on last weeks lunch, this week we’re going with chicken to change things up. If you don’t want to have sweet Potatoe you can substitute it for rice or whilegran pasta.
- 5-6 Chicken breast fillets
- Tin of chunky chopped tomatoes with herbs
- Green beans
- 700g Sweet Potatoe/200g uncooked rice/ 200g of uncooked pasta
- Paprika, Galric, Pepper and Salt
- Oregano and Basil
- Cut the chicken into chunks.
- Dice the onions.
- Chop the courgettes into small pieces.
- Line a Pyrex dish with tinfoil.
- Place the chicken and onion in the dish.
- Add in the tin of chopped tomatoes and 1/2 tin of water.
- Add in spices and herbs.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Add in courgette.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Chop your Sweet Potatoe into chunks and place on baking tray lined with tinfoil. Sprinkle with Cayenne Pepper. Place in the oven alongside the Baked Chicken and cook for 35-40 minutes until soft the whole way through.
Boil your green beans in a pot of water.
As usual, divide out into 5-6 tupperwares, freeze 2 and keep 3 in the fridge. Each portion should consist of 120-150g of bake and 150g Sweet Potatoe or divide out the rice/pasta is to 5 portions.
Curried Haddock Fillets with Brocolli and Rice
I always have meat for one meal and fish for the other. I get my fish frozen in Aldi, I wish I could eat fresh fish every day but I just don’t have the time to be prepping it.
- 2-3 bags of frozen haddock
- 2-3 heads of brocolli
- 200g of uncooked rice
- Curry powder
- Line a tray with tinfoil.
- Place the fish in the oven and cover with curry powder.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Boil the brocolli.
- Boil the rice.
Super easy go to dinner for me, but super tasty. I have mine on a bed of salad with the caramelised onion red relish. UNREAL.
So there is this weeks food guide. I’ll run through making it tomorrow afternoon and post the shopping list on my insta/Snapchat.
Happy meal prepping 🤗