Today marks another new month, the time is flying but it is now one month closer to Summer. Let’s get those summer bodies ready. This week I’m switching it up again for lunch, and I’ve added a breakfast and dinner menu for you’s to try. I’m a creature of habit, so yes it’ll be proats and fish for meeeeeeeeeee.But I’ve provided you with my weekend omelette menu here for dinners or alternatively breakfast if you want, cause it’s amazing and I know they say self-praise is no praise.. but here I’ve been told it is. And I’ve also included a smoothie bowl recipe. With the weather getting warmer, those heavy winter breakfasts are becoming less appealing. Something fresh is the ideal summer go to.
So the smoothie bowl has become massively popular in recent times thanks to Instagram and all the #fitfam that come along with it. What you’re looking for is a thicker smoothie than one you would drink and then topping it with lots of delicious bits. Here I’ve gone for a bowl high in greens and berries to balance sweetness and vitamins. This recipe is completely customisable though so let your imagination run wild.
Aldi do amazing bags of pre-cut frozen fruit and veg mixes, ideal for smoothies.
Ingredients (makes 1 portion):
– 10 Raspberries
– 2 Strawberries
– 1 Banana
– 1 Passion fruit
– Handful of Spinach
– 100g 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt
– 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
– 1 tbsp Goji Berries
1. All you have to do is throw half the raspberries, the strawberries, banana, spinach, passion fruit and Greek yoghurt into a blender and whizz right up.
2. Pour into a bowl and top with the rest of the raspberries, chia seeds and goji berries or whatever toppings you choose.
Turkey is definitely an underrated meat. Low in fat and high in protein, it makes for great addition to your diet. I am going to use turkey mince in this dish along with one of our favourite ingredients, chorizo, for a super tasty meal.
Ingredients (makes 4 portions):
– 2 red bell peppers, halved and deseeded
– 2 yellow bell peppers, halved and deseeded
– 40g chorizo, in small cubes
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 400-600g turkey mince
– 300g tinned chopped tomatoes
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
– 10g pine nuts (toasted, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place peppers on a baking tray and place in the oven for 15-20 mins or until softening.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan. Add the chorizo.
4. Once the natural oils begin to release from the chorizo, add the onion. Cook until onion is softened.
5. Add the turkey mince, break it down with a wooden spoon ensuring the mince gets fully cooked. Once the turkey appears cooked through, add in the chopped tomatoes. Stir through.
6. Finally add the oregano and chilli flakes. Stir through and take off the heat.
7. The peppers should be ready by now. Simply fill with your mix and sprinkle over pine nuts.
Pair with some rice or sweet potatoes and spinach and there you have it J I’m also going to add green beans, because you all know how much I love my greens.
Frenchies Fishy Omelette
This tasty creation is my weekend go to, so simple yet so satisfying. And the ideal thing about it is that you can literally throw whatever you want into it. If you want to swap the prawns for salmon, chorizo, chicken, ham or tuna, you can J
Ingredients (makes 2 portions)
– 6 eggs
– 100ml egg whites
– 300g prawns
– Courgette x 1
– Bell pepper x 1
– 100g peas
– 50g chedder cheese
– Chilli flakes
– Curry powder
– Crushed Garlic
1. Preheat oven on grill at 180degrees
2. Dice peppers and cut courgette into small pieces.
3. Pan fry prawns.
4. Add in vegetables and cook until half done.
5. Whisk eggs and egg whites with curry powder, chilli flakes and crushed garlic together.
6. Pour mixture over veg and prawns.
7. Leave cook until almost cooked through.
8. Sprinkle cheese on top.
9. Place under the grill until top has cooked through and omelette has fluffed out
Serve with side salad and some rice to make it a complete meal. The secret here is in the grilling of the omelette at the end, as this is what makes it fluffy and light and avoids your omelette becoming scrambled eggggggggs.
Happy meal prep guys,