This week I’m rejigging my food completely. I’ve 4 weeks to one of the best weekends of my life… Kinsale 7s… then Bodypower with the Gymversus Team and my birthday. So I have 4 weeks to work really hard and then be comfortable with letting loose a little over May but keeping myself in shape for summer 🙈
I’m going to start training fasted, and I’ve decided to replace my beloved Oats for breakfast for this week to see how I go.
A breakdown of what I plan to eat:
Breakfast (Post Workout): 2 eggs, 2 whites scrambled with 4 rice Cakes and some Peanut Butter
Mid Morning Snack: a 1/2 pot of cottage cheese, a banana, a handful of nuts (100cal quantity)
Lunch: Turkey mince balls with roasted baby tomatoes, rice and green veg of course.
Afternoon Snack: aPot of fruit.. maybe Pineapple and grapes, or grapes and strawberries and a handful of nuts (100cal).
Dinner: still keeping it the usual.. fish, salad and a small portion of rice.
Bed Time Snack: 1/2 pot cottage cheese and handful of nuts (100cal) .
If I find I’m struggling to train fasted then I will add in a pre-workout meal, but let’s see how it goes ☺️ I’ll still be having my coffee, BCAAs and beloved Nutramino Heat though 😏
Turkey Mince balls with roasted tomatoes, green veg and rice.
- 700g turkey mince
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- Mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Dice the onion and crush the garlic.
- Mix the turkey mince, diced onions and 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Add in herbs, pepper and salt.
- Make small balls with your hands.
- Line a baking tray with tinfoil.
- Place turkey balls on the tray and in the oven for 30 mins at 210degrees.
- Line another baking tray with tinfoil.
- Place tomatoes and veg if you want to try roasted veg this week.
- 15 minutes after you have put the turkey into the oven,place the veg in too.
As usual, cook the rice separately. I’m going to go with 30g uncooked on days I don’t have yoga/Pilates and 40g uncooked quantity when I do.
I’m going to go with Green Beans as my veg this week and maybe some courgette too.
I’m not going to have this, this week, but I thought it was a lovely easy looking recipe I saw so said I’d share it here.
Sweet Potatoe Crust Quiche
How amazing does that sound though.. sweet Potatoe is amazing. You can do so much with it.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 eggs and 4 whites
- Bag of spinach leaves
- Salmon/turkey rashers/ham
- 2 x Peppers
- Garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Slice the sweet Potatoe into even slices and layer twice over in a dish.
- Oven bake for 15-20 minutes
- Dice the onions and sautée in a pan with the spinach, peppers and whichever meat/fish you chose.
- Scramble the egg in a bowl and add herbs, spice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Remove the sweet Potatoe base from the oven.
- Evenly spread the veg and meat mix on the base.
- Evenly pour the egg mix over it.
- Replace into the oven for another 15 minutes
- Sprinkle of cheese optional 😏
Happy meal prep guys. I’ll keep you posted on how training fasted goes.