Last week, I changed up my food and did some experimenting. What is the number 1 thing that I learned?
Training fasted is not advised if you’re training weights and cardio together. My blood sugar levels plummets to an all time low one of the mornings that I almost fainted on my way to work. I was completely depleted of energy and outdated give my weight sessions 100% as the week went on.
However everything else went fine, I didn’t find myself hungry even though I wasn’t having my big bowl of soars in the morning, and I really enjoyed the alternative snacks.
So this weeks food is going to be as follows:
- Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 whites scrambled with 3 Sweet Chilli rice Cakes and 20grams Almonds.
- Mid Morning Snack: a 1/2 pot of Cottage Cheese and Portion of Nuts (100cal quantity – 18-20g).
- Lunch: Thai Green Chicken Curry with Butternut Squash.
- Afternoon Snack: Pot of fruit.. Raspberries and Mango and another portion of 20g Nuts.
- Dinner: Grilled Haddock Fillets with Side Salad, Brocolli and Aubergine.
- Bed Time Snack: 1/2 pot Cottage Cheese and 20g of Nuts.
In the spirit of sharing though, at the weekend I made the most amazing porridge. Here’s how, thank me later 😍😍
Banana and Cinnamon Granola Oatmeal.
- 30g Poridge Oats
- 1 x Bananan
- 50g Greek Yogart
- 20g Granola (homemade recipe in Frenchie Food Diary #4)
- Desiccated Coconut
- Add your porridge and chopped banana and cover with water in a bowl.
- Add to the microwave for 3 minutes stirring every minute.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Add your Greek Yogart to one half.
- Top Yogurt with Blueberries.
- Sprinkle desiccated Coconut on other half.
- Top with Granola.
- One your Linseed Down the middle.
Voila 😍 the secret is cooking the banana with the porridge, it becomes like a banana cake/muffin and the banana is all warm and gooey. AMAZING!!!!!
I am forever looking for healthier versions of your favourite dishes for meal prepping, and ones that are simple, and this week I think I’ve struck gold.
Thai Green Chicken Curry
Need I say more 😍
- 0% Frylite Spray or Coconut oil
- 4-5 Chicken Breasts/ 400g Prawns
- 1 x Onion
- 2 x Peppers
- 2 x Courgettes
- 1 x pack of Green Beans
- Tin of Light Coconut Milk
- Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp of Thai Green Curry Paste
- 2 Green Chillies
1. Dice your Onion
2. Chop your Chicken into smaller chunks
3. Spray some Frylight Spray/Coconut oil in your wok
4. Simmer the Onions until browned
5. Chop Chillies and add to the browned onions
6. Add your curry paste for 2-3 minutes and let simmer
7. Add your Chicken or Prawns
8. Chop Courgettes and Peppers into small cubes (Secret here is the smaller the better)
9. Add all the Vegetables to the wok
10. Leave cook until lightly softened
11. Add the tin of Light Coconut Milk
12. Add Salt, Pepper and Curry Powder to taste
13. Leave simmer for 15-20 minutes
14. Leave Cool
I’m going to pair this with rosted butternut squash this week for a changed from the rice, but it can also be paired with rice, pasta, sweet Potatoe or side salad. Just be mindful of your potion sizes guys 😘
- 40g uncooked rice
- 40g uncooked pasta
- 150-200g cooked Sweet Potatoe
For dinner, I’m having the usual fish, but going to grill it this week and marinate it.
So simple, yet so satisfying.
Grilled Lemon and Herb Hake Fillets
- Hake Fillets (3-4 Fillets)
- 2 x Lemons (Lemon Juice)
- Mixed Herbs
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Chilli Flakes
- Lay out your Fillets in tinfoil bundles.
- Drizzle half a lemon juice on top.
- Alice the lemon and add 2-3 wedges to the packaging.
- Sprinkle Garlic and Chilli Flakes.
- Add Herbs.
- Wrap Fillets like a present.
- Place in oven wrapped for 15-20 minutes.
Serve with Rice or Side Salad and some Veg. The juices from the fish should add flavour to the rice 😍😍 I’m going to pair mine this week with Grilled Augergin and Green Beans. Jut not feeling Rice!!!!
Hope you all had a lovely Easter and are ready for a new week 💕