Another week – another Food Diary for your guys. Hands down the easiest way to stay on track and doesn’t have to be in any way boring or complicated 😊
This week, I’m switching back to a fishy breakfast:
Salmon and Scrambled Eggs.
Alongside my love for Laughing Cow cheese has taken over, so I’m spreading it across some rice cakes to go alongside the rest. Simple, east, quick and filing. I give myself about 15 minutes in the morning between coming home from the gym and hoping in the shower so complicated breakfasts are not my thing.
- 50g Smoked Salmon
- 2 whole Eggs
- 60g Egg whites (2 egg whites)
- 2-3 Rice Cakes
- 2 Low Fat Laughing Cow Cheeses
Every single time recently that I have walked into the supermarket, I’ve left with Turkey Mince instead of Beef. Such a fairy, but this week I actually remember I wanted Beef.
Lean Beef Bolognese with Grated Courgette and Carrot Salad
- 600g Lean Mince
- 1 x Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 x Bag of Frozen Mixed Peppers
- 1 x Pack of Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 x Courgettes
- 3 x Carrotts
- 1 x Bag Spinach
- 2 x Lemons
- 1 x Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Spray large pan with Spray Light Oil Spray
- Add Mushrooms and Beef and cook through
- Add tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- Leave simmer for 15 minutes
- Season with Garlic, Salt and Pepper
- Boil Pepper until defrosted
- Add to Beef mix
- Grate Carrotts and Courgettes into a separate bowl
- Squeeze the 2 lemon juice
- Add Balsamic Vinegar
- Add Poppy Seeds
Store Beef Bolognese in a Tupperware and Courgette and Carrot Salad separate. Recipe makes about 5 portions. I’m going to have mine cold (Lynch on the go mostly) hence the Spinach and Carrott/Courgette Salad – but you can pair it with Rice or Pasta, Sweet Potatoe or Butternut Squash.
Summer has me in he mood for nothing more than salads, and everything is in season now so the supermarkets are bursting with fresh veg.
Shredded Chicken Salad with Asian Stirfry Veg
- 4 x Chicken Breasts
- Frozen/Fresh Stir Fry Mix
- Lettuce Gem
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Baby Corn
- Line a baking tray with tinfoil.
- Place Chicken breasts in oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove and using a fork gently shred the chicken Into small pieces.
- Store in a Tupperware.
As I’ve said, I’m going to make salads with mine – the Asian stirfry mix is life – just adds some extra veg and Asian flavour. Adding Cucumber, Tomatoes, Baby Corn – perhaps Aubergine. And then a mix of a Lettuce and Spinach bed.
My snacks never change – creature of habit. I am one of those people who eats sonnet get until I am literally sick to death of it.
Snack 1: Half pot of Cottage Cheese, a banana and some Peanut Butter. Sometimes I’ll add in Strawberry jam.
Snack 2: Other Half pot of Cottage Cheese – this time with some Pine Nuts and Sunflower Seeds, Frozen Blueberries and Raspberries and of course some honey.
Happy Meal Prepping guys 😊