Eating healthy shouldn’t be a fad or seen as something short term. Healthy eating should be a lifestyle. It should be maintainable and it shouldn’t be a chore.
That is why I share my weekly meal preps with you all. To show you that you don’t need to count macros and weigh your food to the gram to stay in shape, nor do you need to live on Chicken, Brocolli and Sweet Potatoes. It’s important to get creative, and enjoy your food. Treat yourself when you want to, but be mindful of portion sizes – my number one tip, learn to portion control.
Sticking with my eggs for breakfast, it’s the perfect post workout meal, quick, easy, tasty and packed with protein J
Peppers with “Fit Grits,” Egg Whites and Fishy Rice Cakes
• 2 x Eggs
• 60g of Egg Whites (2 x Egg Whites)
• ½ Pepper
• Handful of Spinach
• 50g Smoked Salmon
• 2 x Rice Cakes
• 1 x Laughing Cow Triangle Cheese
1. Cook egg whites separately. Mix and add spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted.
2. Cut bell peppers horizontally to create 2 thick rings.
3. Lightly spray another skillet with coconut oil or olive oil and set on medium heat.
4. Place bell peppers rings in the skillet and crack the eggs inside the bell pepper.
5. Push down on the bell pepper sides to prevent spillage. Let it cook until the egg turns white.
6. Half Laughing Cow Cheese between both Rice Cakes.
7. Top with 25g Salmon Each.
8. Place all ingredients on a plate.
Grilled Chicken Shawarma with Salsa Stir Fry Veg
Another simple, low-carb chicken recipe is this Mediterranean-inspired dish using ultra-flavorful spices like cayenne, ginger, and turmeric to add delicious flavour. I am going to pair it with some Veg Salsa Strifry on a bed of Spinach
• 4-5 Chicken Breasts
• 2 tablespoons ground cumin
• 2 tablespoons ground coriander
• 8 cloves minced garlic cloves
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne
• 2 teaspoon turmeric
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoon allspice
1. Place all ingredients except chicken in a bowl and mix, or pulse in a food processor to make a paste.
2. Rub chicken on all sides with the marinade and let sit 20 minutes (or up to 24 hours refrigerated).
3. Grill chicken on a pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes.
• 2 x Finely Chopped Courgette
• 2 x Packets of Cherry Tomatoes
• 1 x Bag of Mixed Peppers
• 1 x tablespoon mixed herbs
• 1 x tablespoon ground ginger
• 1 x Lemon
1. Heat up a large frying pan or wok with some coconut oil
2. Add in all the veg finely chopped
3. Add in some fresh basil and some chilli and garlic powder
4. Squeeze Lemon Juice
5. Leave Simmer for 5 minutes
I’m sticking with my salads for dinner, just because, creature of habit and I FRIGGEN love them.
Spicy Turkey Mince Lettuce Boats
• 1 x Tablespoon Coconut Oil
• 600g Turkey Mince
• 1 x Onion
• 2 x teaspoons Garlic
• 3 x Chillies
• 2 x teaspoons Curry Powder
• Soy Sauce
1. Heat a large pan with your coconut oil.
2. Dice onion and fry until browned
3. Add garlic
4. Add turkey mince
5. Chop chillies and add to mix
6. Add Curry Powder, Soy Sauce and Honey to taste.
Serve in Lettuce Leaves alongside cucumber, green beans, cherry tomatoes, radishes and beetroot J Going to also have some Rice cakes with laughing cow alongside this meal, but you can pair it with rice or noodles, or creamy sweet protonate mash. The secret to getting creamy sweet potato mash, add some laughing cow cheese or greek yogurt.
My snacks never really change, just because I have a massive sweet tooth, that’s not surprising, and I believe that some chocolate a day keeps the doctor away J
My snacks are usually a pot of cottage cheese (1/2 in the morning, ½ in the evening), topped with either banana and peanut butter, or frozen blueberries and raspberries, some dark chocolate and some mixed nuts J I’ve run through other snacks though in previous posts, but any questions, just reach out to me.i