Anyone else build their dinners around the Veg’s that are on offer in the Supermarkets? Or is it just me? This week, more Summer Veg inspired Lunches and Dinners, and I aim for dinners that can be eaten Hot or Cold 😊 With that heat last week, don’t think I heated one of my meals.
Greek Yogurt with Hommade Nutty Granola and Frozen Fruit
I purchased the 0% Greek Yogurt from Aldi last week, and mixed it with a few spoons of Cottage Cheese to make the base layer of my breakfasts. It’s so tasty, and the mix together makes for a nice texture. Making your own Granola could not be simpler and it’s healthy as there is less added sugar than the shop bought ones. The recent hype around the Protein Granola which can be found in Aldi, got me curious about making my own.
– 3 Cups of Old Fashioned Oats
– ½ Cup of Sweetener
– 1 tbs Baking Powder
– ½ Cup of Mixed nuts – Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Peacons etc
– 1/2 Cup of Protein Powder (Plain, Vanilla or Choc)
– 1/8 Cup of Honey
– 1/ Cup of Egg Whites
– Optional: ½ Cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180-200 degrees. Line a large pan with parchment paper or tin foil and spray with cooking oil spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together, followed by the wet ones and stir until the oats are moist and clumps begin to form.
3. Pour the granola into the baking tray and spread evenly.
4. Bake for 15 mins, remove and stir. Add mixed nuts then return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Stir again and let sit until it is completely cool. Store in an Air tight container for upto 2 weeks.
Add to your yogurt/cottage cheese with some frozen fruit. A pretty simple breakfast if you’re on the go or eating in a rush J
Roasted Veg with Oven Baked Chicken Breast
Making use of the amazing goodies on the Super offers in both Lidl and Aldi, for the Roasted Veg I am going to pick up the Red Onions and Yellow Peppers from Lidl.
– 2 Red Onions
– 2 Courgettes
– 1 Aubergine
– 2 Yellow Peppers
– 1-2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
– 3-4 Chicken Breasts
– Garlic Powder
– Spices: BBQ Seasoning, Cayenne Pepper, Salt and Pepper
1. Line a baking tray with tinfoil.
2. Chop Vegetables into decent size chunks.
3. Add Soy Sauce, Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder.
4. Line a 2nd baking tray with tinfoil.
5. Add Chicken Fillets.
6. Season to taste.
7. Oven Bake both for 30-35 minutes.
8. Remove, store away and leave cool.
Serve on a bed of fresh spinach, added greens. For something different, why not make Skewers? Same method as before, but instead layer Veg and Chicken onto Skewers, glaze with Soy Sauce and Spices and oven bake.
Salmon Fillets with Sauteed Veg and Mixed Seeds.
– 4 Salmon Fillets
– Bunch of Scallions
– 1 x Lemon
– Sunflower Seeds and Pine Nuts
– Chilli Flakes
1. Grab a flat baking tray.
2. Place each Salmon Fillet on separate pieces of foil.
3. Chop Scallions and sprinkle over each.
4. Slice Lemons and place whole in foil cases.
5. Add Salt, Pepper and Chilli Flavour to taste.
6. Close tinfoil cases, place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Boil Brocolli until semi-cooked.
8. Lightly fry the mixed seeds in some coconut oil.
9. Saute chopped mushrooms.
10. Add chopped broccoli.
11. Fry until golden.
12. Remove, store away and leave cool.
Pair with a light little side salad: beetroot, cherry tomatoes and some cucumber perhaps. You’s all know that I think Beetroot is life.
Keeping it the usual, veg sticks with Hummus for my 11am work snack, and potentially some scrambled eggs before bed 😊
Happy meal prepping 😘